Camera Calibration Targets
Creating Your Own
BoofCV provides an application for generating your own custom calibration target. It allows you to specify which pattern you wish to use, the paper, and other specifications. A command line interface as well as a graphics interface are provided. The graphical interface gives you live preview as you adjust settings.
- Video demonstration of command-line
- Video demonstration of GUI Application
- Instructions for installing pre-built application
- Below are instructions for building it yourself from BoofCV's source code
cd boofcv ./gradlew applicationsJar java -jar applications/applications.jar CreateCalibrationTarget
The last line above will run the application with no arguments. This will print out up to date instructions. At the end of the instructions are examples for each target type on letter sized paper. If you wish to have a GUI when creating your calibration target add the --GUI flag. The GUI doesn't have all the options which the command line has.
java -jar applications/applications.jar CreateCalibrationTarget --GUI
- Shape for chessboard includes black and white squares
- Shape for square grid is only the black squares
WHEN PRINTING CALIBRATION TARGETS MAKE SURE YOUR PRINTER DOES NOT RESCALE THE DOCUMENTS!
After printing use a ruler to make sure it's the correct size