- Type Parameters:
Vis- Visual camera sensor
Depth- Depth camera sensor
- All Known Implementing Classes:
Visual odometry that estimate the camera's ego-motion in Euclidean space using a camera image and a depth image. Camera motion is estimated relative to the first frame in the left camera's point of view.
The following is a set of assumptions and behaviors that all implementations of this interface must follow:
- Visual and depth images must be captured simultaneously
- Cameras must have a global shutter
- Calibration parameters can be changed at any time, but must be set at least once before processing an image.
- If process returns false then the motion could not be estimated and isFault() should be checked
- If isFault() is true then the reset() should be called since it can't estimate motion any more
- reset() puts back into its initial state
Optional interfaces are provided for accessing internal features.
Method SummaryModifier and TypeMethodDescriptionType of depth images it can process.Type of visual images it can process.
booleanProcess the new image and update the motion estimate.
voidSpecifies the intrinsic parameters for the visual camera and the transform from visual to depth pixels.
setCalibrationSpecifies the intrinsic parameters for the visual camera and the transform from visual to depth pixels.
paramVisual- Intrinsic parameters for visual camera
visToDepth- Transform from visual camera pixels into depth camera pixels
processProcess the new image and update the motion estimate. The return value must be checked to see if the estimate was actually updated. If false is returned then
VisualOdometry.isFault()also needs to be checked to see if the pose estimate has been reset.
visual- Image from visual camera
depth- Image from depth sensor
- true if the motion estimate has been updated and false if not
getVisualTypeType of visual images it can process.
- The image type
getDepthTypeType of depth images it can process.
- The image type